Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries (OCI) Announces New Board Members
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Pickering, ONT February 10, 2015 - The Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries (OCI) is pleased to announce the election of the following individuals to its Board of Directors:
- Doug Hink, ADH Technologies Inc. and Chairman of the Board
- Michele Cheng-Newson, Lakeside Process Controls Ltd./ Vice Chair & Treasurer of the Board
- Paul Eric Marko, Hitachi Canada / Vice Chair & Secretary of the Board
- Glen Crawford, Rolls-Royce Civil Nuclear Canada Ltd
- James Gandhi, AECON Nuclear
- Jun Tang, Babcock and Wilcox Canada Ltd.
- Justin Hannah, SNC-Lavalin Nuclear / Candu Energy
- Kevin Fernandes, Kinectrics Inc.
- Mark Zimny, Promation Nuclear Ltd.
- Martin Tulett, AMEC Foster Wheeler
- Mike Gabbani, GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Ltd.
- Narinder Bains, ATS Automation
- Terry McNally, Gowlings Lafleur Henderson LLP
Nuclear Power in Canada: CANDU nuclear generation plants at the Pickering, Bruce and Darlington sites have provided more than 50 per cent of Ontario's electrical energy for the past 20 years. Canada’s nuclear industry today sustains tens of thousands of quality jobs: Through plant refurbishments, new builds, and uranium mine expansion, the industry sustains more than 30,000 direct jobs and 40,000 indirect jobs
Ontario’s' Long Term Energy Plan has confirmed the refurbishment of existing CANDU units at Darlington and Bruce to maintain a balanced and reliable electricity supply portfolio for the province. CANDU power plants in New Brunswick have supplied reliable and carbon-free electricity to the provincial grid. Nuclear power projects are being considered in both Saskatchewan and Alberta to help these provinces meet their increasing electricity supply needs while helping to reduce their green house gas emissions.
Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries (OCI) is an association of 180 leading Canadian suppliers to the nuclear industry in Canada and the international marketplace. OCI member companies collectively employ more than 12,000 highly skilled and specialized people who manufacture major equipment and components and provide engineering services and support for CANDU and other nuclear power plants in Canada and around the world. OCI companies also work on medical and other safe applications of nuclear technology. OCI is the leading voice of the Canadian nuclear supply chain and actively promotes the production of safe, clean and reliable nuclear base load electricity as a key part of a balanced electricity generation portfolio in Ontario and throughout Canada.
Over the last 18 months OCI has led nuclear trade missions to key export markets in India, China, and the USA with DFAIT GOA funding. OCI is now planning trade missions to Korea, Romania, the UK and India and will host incoming trade missions of nuclear companies from Argentina and the UAE who wish to strengthen their capabilities by partnering with experienced Canadian nuclear suppliers.
1550 Kingston Road, Suite 219
Pickering, Ontario, L1V 1C3
Phone: (905) 839-0073