Stern Laboratories Inc.
Stern Laboratories Inc. Is a Canadian owned private company that operates a large scale thermal hydraulic laboratory located in Hamilton, Ontario. Equipped with PWR, BWR and CANDU test loops, a state of the art, custom, computer data acquisition system and 16.75 MW of DC power, the laboratory is well suited to perform critical heat flux, heat transfer, vibration and reliability experiments for all types of water cooled reactor systems.
The company has been conducting CHF, reliability and safety experiments for utilities and nuclear suppliers for over 50 years. We have an extensive Quality Assurance program designed to meet the applicable requirements of standards 10CFR50 Appendix B, 10CFR Part 21, ASME NQA-1, CSAN286:05, CSA Z299 and ISO 9001.
Our skilled and experienced staff of professional engineers and technologists design and manufacture custom high power electrically heated nuclear fuel simulators for all types of reactors and custom tooling and equipment for remote inspection and handling of spent fuel and other radioactive materials in CANDU reactors.
Our services include:
- Full Scale Critical Heat Flux Experiments
- Electrical Heaters
- Electrical Fuel Simulators
- Fuel Vibration and Fretting Experiments
- Fuel Inspection and Fuel Handling Tooling
- Flux Detector Removal Equipment
- Thermal Hydraulic Facilities: Blowdown, Transients
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- CANDU Fueling Machine Sequence Test
Company InformationStern Laboratories Inc.
Products & Services
- Engineering Services
- Equipment Qualification and Testing (Seismic, EQ, Commercial Grade Dedication etc.)
- Calibration and Testing Services, Measuring and Test Equipment
- Machining and/or fabrication (general)
- Electrical Equipment and Components (miscellaneous)
- Instrumentation (miscellaneous)
- Mechanical Equipment and Components