10/16/2018 12:00:00 AM: Student Job Fair for the Nuclear Industry
‘NUCLEAR SCIENCE WEEK’ initiative by the Durham Region, UOIT, Toronto, Sheridan Park and Golden Horseshoe Branches of the CNS
In partnership with Durham College, UOIT and OCNI
We are unfolding the second edition of our Student Job Fair for the Nuclear Industry as part of Nuclear Science Week!
When: Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Where: At the UOIT/Durham College North Oshawa Campus
We are encouraging all companies that are actively or potentially hiring to make up the core of the participants in this important outreach event. We could have as many as 50 employers and exhibitors to help us fill the gymnasium on campus!
1. Meet over 600 students “Under One Roof” from colleges and universities in the Greater Toronto and Golden Horseshoe areas, and beyond - not just students in nuclear-related fields, but in other skills and professions that can benefit the industry. Other organizations will be there (Labour Unions, COG, UNENE, etc).
2. A great venue offered by Durham College and UOIT, with catered food for students and exhibitors.
3. Exhibitor booths of great value.
4. Event to be held in the late week-day afternoon to facilitate student participation, and simplify event logistics.
5. Educational sessions in parallel with the job fair to keep the students engaged for the duration of the event. These will be held on the gym floor.
6. Exhibitors will have the opportunity to visit UOIT and Durham College facilities prior to the Job Fair.
We thank the companies and organizations that participated in 2017 and hope that you will return this year. We welcome new participants, and encourage you to register early (you can save on the booth price, and you can help us advertise a full venue when the bulk on the students register in September).
Here is a bird’s eye view of the program:
Please go to our website www.cns-snc.ca/events/nuc-jobs2018 for further details and to register. Consider:
· Over 600 college and university students from around Ontario and beyond in a 4 hour session.
· Over 50 employers and support organizations.
· Low registration fee of $450 ($340 early-bird) gets you a 10’x10’ booth supplied with electricity, table and chairs, food and beverages for 2 attendees.
Opportunities for sponsorships to support our students (pizza) and general expenses associated with running the event - check our website for details:
o Platinum: $5,000
o Gold: $2,000
o Silver: $1,000
Partner with us at the Job Fair for the Nuclear Industry. Get involved with our youth! Register early!
Member, OCNI Education & Skills Development Committee
Co-Chair, OCNI Education & Skills Development Committee
Co-Chair, CNS Durham Region Branch
Chair, 2018 Student Job Fair